November’s First Friday event will take place on November 2, 2018 from 6pm to 9pm in Downtown Lakeland. The theme is Tribute to Courage, in honor of National Military Family Appreciation Month!
Organizations that offer services to Veterans will be set up in Munn Park. Currently, we will have:
- Vietnam Veterans of America
- Florida Department of Transportation
- Southern Bears by Lisa
Also, First Friday Exhibitors as well as Downtown Merchants will be offering deals and discounts for active military and veterans. Please see the list below for details:
- Magnolia Popcorn will have Stars and Stripes Popcorn and 10% Off for any veteran
- Traditions Unlimited will have $5 off purchases of $25 or more for Veterans and Military
- Escapology is offering 20% off for all active and retired military–call to book.
- Amelia Paige is offering 10% off regular-priced items for veterans.
- Scout & Tag is offering 10% off total purchase with military id.
- Jesse Carl is offering 10% off when you spend $30 or more.
- Urban Appeal is offering 20% off with an ID.
- Nathan’s Mens Store is offering 10% off any one regular-priced item for veterans until 8pm.
- Cake Makers Studio is offering a free cookie to veterans (one per customer) while supplies last.
- 5th & Hall is offering 15% off to veterans.
Downtown shops and restaurants will be open late. Don’t miss the Makers Market on North Kentucky Avenue and the Classy Car Show on Tennessee Avenue.
First Friday is a family-friendly event held in the streets of Downtown Lakeland between Lemon Street and Oak Street along Kentucky and Tennessee Avenues. The event features a Classy Car Show on Tennessee Ave and a Makers Market on North Kentucky Ave. Streets are closed to vehicles, so come prepared to walk about! (Interested in becoming a First Friday exhibitor? CLICK HERE)
The Makers Market features local artists, crafters, and other talented folks who make their own goods for sale. Come ready to shop and support local retailers, restaurants and artisans. Also, check out the Third Rail Second Line Band on North Kentucky Avenue near Oak Street! The band encourages spectator participation, so bring the kiddos with you. (Interested in becoming a Makers Market vendor? CLICK HERE)
On-street parking begins to close in the event area at 3pm to allow us to clear the streets and set up the exhibitors and vendors. Parking in all permitted and metered locations is free after 5pm and all day on the weekends.
Event parking is limited, so please carpool with friends and neighbors!
Downtown offers VALET PARKING! Drop off and pick up at the corner of Lemon and Tennessee.
Parking available on First Friday:
- Trinity Presbyterian Parking Lot – corner of Tennessee and Bay
- Oak Street Parking Lot – corner of Oak and Kentucky
- Main Street garage – all day public access from Cedar Street; after 5pm public parking from Main Street
- City Permit Only Lots – all free after 5pm and all day weekends
- Massachusetts between Lime Street and Orange Street
- Tennessee Avenue between Walnut and Lime Street
- Parking lot north of BB&T Bank along the railroad tracks (access off of S. Florida Ave)