The first annual Holiday Open House in Downtown Lakeland will be on Thursday, November 15, 2018 from 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm. Visitors can enjoy live music, face painting, and carriage rides, as well as merchant goodies, giveaways, and deals (see below for details). Text DTHOUSE to 51660 by November 14th for a chance to win a $25 gift card to your favorite Downtown business!
Billy Needs a Beard, a local band, will be playing on the corner of N. Kentucky Ave. and Pine St. Russ Brode will be playing in front of Just Dance on 124 S. Kentucky Ave., and Riley Harris will be on the corner of N. Kentucky Ave. and Traders Alley.
Talented face painter Heather Payne will be set up on the northwest corner of N. Kentucky Ave. and Bay St. offering pretty painted designs at a reasonable price.
BFR Carriage Rides will have a rustic hay wagon drawn by two beautiful Clydesdales loading on the corner of N. Kentucky Ave. and Bay St. Rides are $1 per person.
Many Downtown businesses will be open late offering discounts, deals, and refreshments. Check below for participating merchants:
- Coppertree Boutique & Studio at 229 N. Kentucky Ave. will be offering free sterling silver earrings with your purchase of $25 or more (limit one per customer). Also, create a Holiday Wish List–write down all of your favorite gift ideas for family and friends to see! Enjoy samples of cookies and punch.
- Escapology at 210 E. Pine St. will be offering $5 off per person. Use code FALL_11 at booking.
- Amelia Paige Boutique at 223 N. Kentucky Ave. is offering a free gift with $40 purchase (limit one per customer) and a drawing to win a free Milkhouse Candle. Fill out a wish list card so that your family can shop for you later and get you exactly what you want! Got Candy will also be set up outside the store with yummy sweets.
- Scout & Tag and Rafa Natural at 244 N. Kentucky Ave. will be having an Apple Tasting. Different varieties of heirloom apples will be available for tasting along with Apple Cider Sangria. Spend $25 and receive a Christmas List notepad from Scout & Tag and receive a free Vermont Honey Apple Room Spray when you spend $25 with Rafa Natural. (Gifts while supplies last.)
- Jesse Carl Vinyl at 304 N. Kentucky Ave., #1150, is offering 10% off when you purchase $50 or more, as well as holiday-themed snacks.
- Urban Appeal at 123 S. Kentucky Ave. is offering 10% off any purchase, music, snacks, and drinks.
- Nathan’s Men’s Store at 221 E. Main St. will be open late until 8pm.
- Cake Makers Studio at 115 S. Kentucky Ave. will be open late and have samples of Fall-inspired cakes and ice cream.
- Top Buttons at 236 N. Kentucky Ave. will be serving Rice Krispie treats and 10% off entire purchase.
- Take Heart at 248 N. Kentucky Ave. will offer 20% off of one regular-priced item. In addition, they will be giving away a free handmade card for a purchase of $25 or more.
- Satya Life at 112 E. Pine. St. will have $5 OFF coupons and a raffle for a $50 gift certificate, as well as samples of Chai Tea. Take a tour the studio, and observe yoga classes: YogaBarre from 5:15-6, New to Yoga from 6-7, and Intermediate Yoga 6:15-7:45.
- WonderHere at 111 S. Florida Ave. will be offering a raffle giveaway of free classes. They will also have free Indoor play and a special Fall craft for kids. Enjoy samples of Cookies and Milk.
- Florida Dance Theatre at 305 W. Main St. will have raffles for tickets to their annual production of The Nutcracker. They will also offer coupons and discounts for dance classes. Also enjoy candy canes and cookies.
Gaines Jewelers at 112 S. Tennessee Ave. is offering 10% off any purchase up to $100 and 20% off any purchase over $100.
- Federal Bar Lakeland at 124 S. Tennessee Ave. will have happy hour from 4pm to 8pm.
- Stationery Loft at 230 N. Kentucky Ave. is giving away an ornament with the purchase of $50 or more (while supplies last) and will be having chocolate chip cookies.
- My Office & More at 122 E. Main St. will have yummy snacks and giveaways.
- Lakeland Escape Room at 308 E. Pine St. will be offering 10% off bookings in the Asylum, the Cinema or Split escape rooms. Use promo code 15Nov10off.
- Chop Shop at 126 S. Kentucky Ave. will have happy Hour 3 pm – 9pm with 2-4-1 Margaritas & House Wines and 1/2 off Domestic Draft Beers.
- Just Dance Academy of Dance and Etiquette at 124 S. Kentucky Ave. will be hosting Maria’s Expressions with their holiday gifts and knickknacks available for sale. They will also have gift wrapping (a portion of the proceeds will go to Just Cares Inc.), and free coffee and cookies!
- Mitchell’s Coffee House will be open late for the event.
- Home Essentials will be open late.
- Purple Onion will be open late.
November 15th is also the last day to vote for your favorite decorated straw bale! So take a stroll around Downtown and pick your favorite, then text HAYVOTE to 51660, along with the designated number of your the bale (numbered 1-50). The Winning Merchant will be announced on November 16, 2018.