Friday, December 14, 2018 and Friday, December 21, 2018 will be our “Holiday Walkabouts” from 6pm to 9pm.
- Stores and shops will be open late serving up yummy goodies (like cider and cookies) and special deals.
- Enjoy live music on the street corners, as well as a mobile D.J. playing Christmas tunes.
- Check out the traditional holiday lights decorating Munn Park.
- Get your face painted.
- Take a horse-drawn wagon ride.
- Take a selfie with one of the costumed characters patrolling around for spontaneous selfies.
- Enjoy yummy baked goods from Cake Makers Studio, Cookie Pharmacy, and Unrefined Bakery.
On December 14, visitors can enjoy the following special activities:
- Take a picture with Santa at Just Dance Academy on 124 S. Kentucky Ave. Walk ins welcome, and no registration required. Photos are $3.
- Enjoy a Free Gingerbread Workshop at My Office & More on 122 E. Main St., sponsored by the bakers at La Imperial. Limited to first 50 participants.
- Register to win an amazing gingerbread creation (valued at over $300) by artist Luis Arias, owner of Cake Makers Studio! Submit your entry in person at My Office and More on December 14 between 6pm-9pm.
On December 21, visitors can enjoy the following special activities:
- Take a picture with Santa at Focus Realty on 218 E. Pine Street. Walk ins welcome, and no registration required. Photos are $3.
- Get your hair done like a “Who” from “Whoville” at Just Dance Academy on 124 S. Kentucky Ave for only $5! Post a selfie on Facebook or Instagram with #WhoHair. Six random winners will receive $25 gift cards to Downtown hair salons–Evolve Hair Studio, The Strand Salon, Liquid Hair Studio Inc., Studio 323, Salon Chateau, and Reborn Blowbar & Barber.
- Participate in an “Ugly Sweater Selfie” contest. On the night of the event, take a selfie wearing your best ugly sweater using the frame located at Top Buttons Boutique on 236 N. Kentucky Ave. Post your picture on Facebook or Instagram with #SweaterElfie. Six random winners will receive $25 gift cards to Downtown clothing stores: Urban Appeal, 5th & Hall, Nathan’s Men’s Store, Amelia Paige Boutique & Embroidery, Coppertree Boutique & Studio, and Top Buttons Boutique. Also, Top Buttons customers wearing an ugly Christmas sweater on December 21st will receive 10% off their purchase.
- 5th & Hall will have a special pop-up shop of graphic t-shirts from a local Lakeland artist. All exclusive to Lakeland. 20% off all sale items and free gift wrapping for all in-store purchases. Also serving holiday refreshments.
- Amelia Paige Boutique at 223 N. Kentucky Ave. is offering a free Christmas Ornament with a purchase of $50 while supplies last. Limit 1 per customer. The Cookie Pharmacy will also be set up in front of their store with yummy baked goods for sale.
- Cake Makers Studio Cake & Sweets at 115 S. Tennessee Ave. will have edible chocolate boxes for sale–stop by and pick up a yummy holiday gift!
- Coppertree Boutique & Studio at 229 N. Kentucky Ave. will have Grandma’s homemade Norwegian cookies and punch available for both dates.
- On December 14: Make some holiday gifts at a Holiday Gift Workshop, including earrings, bookmarks, or keychains with a free gift bag! Get your free pair of sterling silver earrings with a $35+ purchase! Plus, Honeychild Sweets will have a pop-up stand selling all of their holiday sweets. (Must spend at least $35 on non-clearance items to qualify for free earrings with purchase. One per customer per day.)
- On December 21: Get a free pair of sterling silver earrings with a $25+ purchase. Buy one strand of beads, and get one 50% off. Take 10% off select sterling silver rings and pendants. (Must spend at least $25 on non-clearance items to qualify for free earrings with purchase. One per customer per day.)
- Escapology Lakeland at 210 E. Pine St. is offering $5 off per person in their private escape game booking for that evening with PROMO CODE: DLHW2018
- Federal Bar Lakeland at 124 S Tennessee Ave will have happy hour from 4-8pm–$3 wines, $3 Prosecco, and $3 drafts. Live music with Justin Grimes on December 14th and live music with The Detectives on December 21st.
- Gaines Jeweler at 112 S. Tennessee Ave. will be having a 12 Days of Christmas special. Check their Facebook page for details.
- Home Essentials at 325 N. Kentucky Ave. will be sampling sweet and savory dips. Gift Certificates available for purchase.
- Just Dance Academy at 124 S. Kentucky Ave. will have Santa with color photos for $3. They will also be playing a holiday movie and offering refreshments to enjoy while you wait.
- Lakeland Escape Room at 308 E. Pine St. is offering 10% off Gift Cards purchased in store!
- Lakeland Loft at 108 S. Tennessee Ave. will have free samples of sangria for customers 21 and older. Receive 15% off your total check between 6pm and 9pm. Enjoy live jazz music from 9pm to 1am.
- Lloyds of Lakeland at 301 N. Kentucky Ave. will be open late and serving light refreshments.
- My Cottage Garden at 327 N. Kentucky Ave. will be sampling teas.
- My Office & More at 122 E. Main St. will be hosting the Free Gingerbread Workshop, sponsored by La Imperial Bakery. Also, stop by and register for a chance to win a beautiful Gingerbread Creation by artist Luis Arias, owner of Cake Makers Studio.
- Scout & Tag at 244 N. Kentucky Ave. will have 25% off Mud Pie Christmas dishes. They will also be serving Christmas sangria.
- Stationery Loft & Gift Boutique at 230 N. Kentucky Ave. will have a special on Kendra Scott jewelry: Buy one necklace, Get one pair of earrings half-off.
- Taco Bus at 126 S. Kentucky Ave. is under new ownership and offering free chips with purchase of a meal.
- Take Heart at 248 N. Kentucky Ave. will have
- The Chop Shop Bar & Grill at 118 S. Kentucky Ave. will have drink specials: Two-for-One Wines and Margaritas, $5 Mules, and $4 Craft Beers.
- Top Buttons Boutique and Designer Thrift will be offering a 50% discount on thrift pants and jeans on December 14. They will also be hosting the Ugly Sweater Selfie contest on December 21.
- Traditions Unlimited at 221 N. Kentucky Ave. will be offering yummy mulled cider samples.
- Urban Appeal at 123 S. Kentucky Ave. is offering 10% off everything.
Additional Retail Stores Open During the Event:
- Nathan’s Men’s Store
Additional Restaurants Open During Event:
- Bay Street Bistro
- Black & Brew Coffee House & Bistro
- Café Roti
- Fresco’s Southern Kitchen & Bar
- Harry’s Seafood Bar and Grille
- Jimmy John’s
- Mojo Federal
- Palace Pizza
- Pita Pit
- Scream’n Tuna Sushi
- Terrace Grill
- Texas Cattle Company
- Tsunami Sushi
Additional Bars Open During Event:
- Hookah Palace
- Lakeland Loft
- Linksters Taproom
- Molly McHugh’s
- Revival Bar
- Swan Brewing
Want to know where everything’s happening? Pick up a flyer with a detailed map from participating merchants. You can also find them attached to A-Frame signs around Downtown on the night of the event.