Join us on September 6th from 6pm to 9pm for our next First Friday event Dog Days Downtown, sponsored by Audi Lakeland–which has cars for every budget! All proceeds from the event benefit Zelda’s K9 Rescue.
Dog Days Downtown will feature canine educational speakers, agility demonstrations and an agility course (that your pet can try), a pet parade (bring your leashed pets), a pet lookalike contest, Audi selfies, and a 50/50 Raffle! Advance tickets for the 50/50 raffle are available at the Audi Lakeland Dealership–call 863-284-0880 for more details.
Pet Parade: Bring your four-legged friend just north of the railroad tracks on Tennessee Ave. at 6:50pm (in the Classy Car Show footprint). The parade will start at 7pm. You’ll go for a stroll around Munn Park (south on Tennessee Ave., east on Main St., then north on Kentucky Ave., and end at the center of the park where you will, hopefully, pose for a group picture).
Pet-Lookalike Contest: Head to the Well Done Events booth in Munn Park (near N. Kentucky Ave. and across from Jimmy Johns) to take a picture with your and your pet. It’s $5 for one print and $3 for additional prints. Participants can also bring their own print with them. Write your name, your pet’s name, and your phone number on the back of the picture and tape it to the display board. Anyone can vote for their favorite picture! Just text the assigned keyword of each picture/participant to 41400. Voting will not end until Sunday at midnight (we plan to share pictures on social media as well).
Here’s a list of different types of exhibitors:
- Entertainment: DJ Mike on the Mic, Balloon Animals, Face Painting, Olivia Lynn Sketches (Caricatures), Well Done Events (Photos), Polk County Sheriff K9 Demo, Tattitudes Body Art, Das Hund Haus Inc
- Dog-Related Organizations: Rafael Fontan (Animal Behaviorist), ASA Service Dogs (Dog School), Paws for Friendship
- Pet Rescues: Zelda’s K9 Rescue, Crossed Paws Pet Rescue, Deez Bulldogs Rez Q, Florida Giant Dog Rescue, Polk County Animal Control, Polk County Bully Project
- Animal Clinics: Lakeland Animal Clinic, Outback Animal Hospital, TLC Pet Snip
- Dog Sitters and Caretakers: Atta Boy! Animal Care, Bad to the Bone Pet Care, Sunny Days Pet Resort, The Pet Nanny Lakeland, Lucky Puppy Nail Specialist, Country Puppy Dog Grooming
- Pet-Related Merchants: 2nd Hand Life, Bags By June, Benson’s Canine Cookies, Furrcessories, JAB Apiary, Lakeland CBD Wellness, LPD, MILKA’S BOW-TIQUE & MORE, Mom and Pups Tasty Treats, Norse Naturals, Paw-Berries, Superdog Outfitters, Doggie Bag A Pet Boutique
- Food Vendors (for Humans): Cloudy Cones, Cotton Candy Palace, Hot Dog City, Loafin’ Around Café, Sonny’s
- Food Vendors (for Dogs): Audi Lakeland Pup Cups
- Makers: Idle Tyme Creations, Nail Polish Strips, Paparazzi , Repurpose Art Studio, Sherrys Custom Candles, Style2Shine , The Pickle Patch, Theresas Promise Jewerly Design, Tupperware
- Additional Community Organizations: Brewlands, Energetic Health, Lock Insurance, Sam’s Club 98 N, The Polk County Library, Webpro Realty
Downtown shops and restaurants will be open late. Don’t miss the Makers Market, featuring local artists and creators, on North Kentucky Avenue and the Classy Car Show on Tennessee Avenue. Streets are closed to vehicles, so come prepared to walk about!
First Friday is a family-friendly event held in the streets of Downtown Lakeland between Lemon Street and Oak Street along Kentucky and Tennessee Avenues. On-street parking begins to close in the event area at 3pm to allow us to clear the streets and set up the exhibitors and vendors. Parking in all permitted and metered locations is free after 5pm and all day on the weekends. Event parking is limited, so please carpool with friends and neighbors! We also offer free valet on the corner of Lemon St. and Tennessee Ave. on First Fridays.
Parking lots available:
Trinity Presbyterian Parking Lot – corner of Tennessee and Bay
Oak Street Parking Lot – corner of Oak and Kentucky
Main Street garage – all day public access from Cedar Street; after 5pm public parking from Main Street
City Permit Only Lots – all free after 5pm and all day weekends
Massachusetts between Lime Street and Orange Street
Tennessee Avenue between Walnut and Lime Street
Parking lot north of BB&T Bank along the railroad tracks (access off of S. Florida Ave)
First Friday is supported by our Downtown Champions:
- MIDFLORIDA Credit Union
- Audi Lakeland
- Burnetti, P.A.
- Just Cares, Inc.
- Catholic Charities, Polk County Ministries
- Sun ‘n Fun Aerospace Expo/Aerospace Center for Excellence
- City of Lakeland
- The Ledger Media Group