Join us on September 6th from 6pm to 9pm for our next First Friday event Dog Days Downtown, sponsored by Audi Lakeland—which has cars for every budget! All proceeds from the event benefit Zelda’s K9 Rescue.
Dog Days Downtown will feature canine educational speakers, agility demonstrations and an agility course (that your pet can try), a pet parade (bring your leashed pets), a pet lookalike contest, Audi selfies, and a 50/50 Raffle! Advance tickets for the 50/50 raffle are available at the Audi Lakeland Dealership–call 863-284-0880 for more details.
Here’s a list of different types of exhibitors:
- Entertainment: DJ Mike on the Mic, Balloon Animals, Face Painting, Olivia Lynn Sketches (Caricatures), Well Done Events (Photos)
- Dog-Related Organizations: Polk County Sheriff K9 Demo, Rafael Fontan (Animal Behaviorist), Paws for Friendship, TSA Search Dogs
- Pet Rescues: Zelda’s K9 Rescue, ASA Service Dogs, Crossed Paws Pet Rescue, Das Hund Haus Inc., Deez Bulldogs Rez Q, Faith’s Equine Rescue, Florida Giant Dog Rescue, Polk County Animal Control, Polk County Bully Project
- Animal Clinics: Lakeland Animal Clinic, Outback Animal Hospital, TLC Pet Snip
- Dog Sitters and Caretakers: Atta Boy! Animal Care, Bad to the Bone Pet Care, The Pet Nanny Lakeland, Lucky Puppy Nail Specialist
- Pet-Related Merchants: Benson’s Canine Cookies, Doggie Bag Pet Boutique, Furrcessories, Norse Naturals, Pup Cups, Mom and Pups Tasty Treats, Superdog Outfitters
- Food Vendors (for Humans): Cloudy Cones, Cotton Candy Palace, Hot Dog City, Jason’s Deli, Loafin’ Around Cafe, Sonny’s BBQ
- Additional Makers and Merchants: 2nd Hand Life, Bags by June, Gourmet Cupboard, Idle Tyme Creations, Repurpose Art Studio, JAB Apiary, Lakeland CBD Wellness, Milka’s Bow-Tique & More, Miriam’s Creations, Nail Polish Strips, Paparrazi Jewelry, Pawberries, Sherry’s Custom Candles, Style 2 Shine, The Pickle Patch, Theresa’s Promise Jewelry Designs, Tupperware
- Additional Community Organizations: Brewlands Billiards, Energetic Health, Lock Insurance, Sam’s Club 98 N, Webpro Realty
Downtown shops and restaurants will be open late. Don’t miss the Makers Market, featuring local artists and creators, on North Kentucky Avenue and the Classy Car Show on Tennessee Avenue. Streets are closed to vehicles, so come prepared to walk about!
First Friday is a family-friendly event held in the streets of Downtown Lakeland between Lemon Street and Oak Street along Kentucky and Tennessee Avenues. On-street parking begins to close in the event area at 3pm to allow us to clear the streets and set up the exhibitors and vendors. Parking in all permitted and metered locations is free after 5pm and all day on the weekends. Event parking is limited, so please carpool with friends and neighbors! We also offer free valet on the corner of Lemon St. and Tennessee Ave. on First Fridays.
Parking lots available:
Trinity Presbyterian Parking Lot – corner of Tennessee and Bay
Oak Street Parking Lot – corner of Oak and Kentucky
Main Street garage – all day public access from Cedar Street; after 5pm public parking from Main Street
City Permit Only Lots – all free after 5pm and all day weekends
Massachusetts between Lime Street and Orange Street
Tennessee Avenue between Walnut and Lime Street
Parking lot north of BB&T Bank along the railroad tracks (access off of S. Florida Ave)
First Friday is supported by our Downtown Champions:
- MIDFLORIDA Credit Union
- Audi Lakeland
- Burnetti, P.A.
- Just Cares, Inc.
- Catholic Charities, Polk County Ministries
- Sun ‘n Fun Aerospace Expo/Aerospace Center for Excellence
- City of Lakeland
- The Ledger Media Group