This month’s First Friday event will take place on October 4, 2019 from 6pm to 9pm in Downtown Lakeland. The theme is an Om Nom Nom Cookie Carnival!
Cookie Creators will be peddling their delicious wares in Munn Park. Stop by and pick up 1 or 2 or more cookies! Place advance orders for all your holiday events. Our current list of participating cookie creators is:
- 5th Sweet St Bakery
- Cravory Cakes & Confections
- Divine Cookie Designs
- Kitchen 63
- La Imperial Bakery
- Mesa Manila
- No Guilt Baking Company
- Patty’s Crumbs
- The Cookie Monster Cookies
- Bliss Out Artisan Cookies
- Mike & Mike’s Desserts
We are still looking for more cookie creators! If you are interested in learning more, CLICK HERE.
Want to sample some cookies for free? Text FFCOOKIE to 41400 for a chance to be one of 50 lucky cookie judges. (Winners will be notified on October 4 at 8am via text. Text messaging rates may apply.)
Downtown shops and restaurants will be open late. Don’t miss the Makers Market, featuring local artists and creators, on North Kentucky Avenue and the Classy Car Show on Tennessee Avenue. Streets are closed to vehicles, so come prepared to walk about!
First Friday is a family-friendly event held in the streets of Downtown Lakeland between Lemon Street and Oak Street along Kentucky and Tennessee Avenues. On-street parking begins to close in the event area at 3pm to allow us to clear the streets and set up the exhibitors and vendors. Parking in all permitted and metered locations is free after 5pm and all day on the weekends. Event parking is limited, so please carpool with friends and neighbors! We also offer free valet on the corner of Lemon St. and Tennessee Ave. on First Fridays.
Parking lots available:
- Trinity Presbyterian Parking Lot – corner of Tennessee and Bay
- Oak Street Parking Lot – corner of Oak and Kentucky
- Main Street garage – all day public access from Cedar Street; after 5pm public parking from Main Street
- City Permit Only Lots – all free after 5pm and all day weekends
- Massachusetts between Lime Street and Orange Street
- Tennessee Avenue between Walnut and Lime Street
- Parking lot north of BB&T Bank along the railroad tracks (access off of S. Florida Ave)
First Friday is supported by our Downtown Champions:
- MIDFLORIDA Credit Union
- Audi Lakeland
- Burnetti, P.A.
- Just Cares, Inc.
- Catholic Charities, Polk County Ministries
- Sun ‘n Fun Aerospace Exp0/Aerospace Center for Excellence
- City of Lakeland
- The Ledger Media Group