Parking is FREE after 5pm and all weekend long, including city owned permit spaces and metered lots.
WEEKDAY PARKING RULES:
Up to 2 HOUR FREE ON-STREET PARKING!
- On-street parking: free every day. The up to 2 hours FREE applies weekdays between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. To add additional time to on street parking spaces, engage parkmobile.
What does the “up to” mean? It means once you park the first time in a day, your “virtual meter” begins and runs continuously for 2 hours. Once 2 hours has lapsed since you first parked, you must purchase additional time if you plan to remain in ANY on street space. Your time does not stop if you leave before the 2 hours has passed. You can not piece your time together over the course of the day. The time is not cumulative.
- Main Street Garage: Weekday public parking is located through the Cedar Street entrance and is $1 per hour from 8am-3pm. It’s free after 3pm. Main Street entrance is permit only 8am-5pm weekdays and free after 5pm and all day weekends.
- City permit parking lots are unused at night by the permit holders, which provides even more FREE, convenient parking after 5 p.m.
- Munn Park parking lot is free after 5 p.m. and on weekends.
- Oak Street parking lot is free after 5 p.m. and on weekends.
Check out the parking brochure for Frequently Asked Questions, detailed Parkmobile instructions, a parking map, and more. (NEW BROCHURE LINK TO COME)
With Downtown Lakeland’s Universal Valet Program, there’s always a convenient parking space for you!
Downtown Lakeland is very excited to offer complimentary valet service to all Downtown visitors and customers. The valet system is ticketless to provide you faster more convenient service. Drop off your car at the valet stand. Your valet attendant will ask for your cell phone number so you can receive your valet ticket via text. When you are ready to leave, simple reply to the text with your location and the valet attendant will bring your car to you. No need to return to the valet stand to retrieve your car.
The Universal Valet Program operation days, times and locations:
- Wednesday, Thursday and Friday days from 11am to 3pm at 2 locations: Munn Park Parking Lot and Lemon Street
- Friday and Saturday evenings from 5pm to 11pm at 2 locations: Main Street and Lemon Street
- Saturday and Sunday days from 9am to 3pm on Lemon Street
Regardless of your destination, the Universal Valet service is free, but for gratuity.
Monday-Friday 8am to 5pm
METERED PAY BY PLATE PARKING:
NOTE YOUR LICENSE PLATE NUMBER.
(Parkmobile also available in metered lots and garages)
- Main Street Garage (Cedar St. entrance) is metered parking at $1.00 per hour weekdays, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., and free after 3 p.m. and on weekends from the Cedar Street.
- Munn Park and Lot D (north of Mitchell’s Coffee House) are metered at $1 per hour weekdays, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and free after 5 p.m. and on weekends. The solar powered meters accept change, cash and credit/debit cards.
A few businesses downtown have private parking lots, and you may be towed if you park in their lots during the day. These include but are not limited to The Terrace Hotel, Suntrust Garage, Colonial Square, and FedEx. Please respect the signs posted in private lots. We don’t want you to be towed!
For parking tips, call us any time! We’ll be happy to help you.
With 2,850 city sponsored parking spaces, there is ample parking in Downtown Lakeland!
Downtown Employees who need permits please email John Yancey at John.Yancey@lakelandgov.net