CREATE A PARKMOBILE ACCOUNT TODAY!! You don’t need a smartphone! You can pay to park via a phone call!
KNOW THE RULES AND AVOID A TICKET!! It’s just that easy.
2 HOUR FREE ON-STREET PARKING!
- On-street parking: free every day for up to 2 hours. On your first parking session each day, the first 2 hours of that parking session is FREE between 8am-5pm. If you park before 8am, none of that time is calculated into the 2 FREE hours. To add additional time to an on-street parking experience OR if you come back later in the day (well after your first 2 Hours began) , you’ll need to engage the parkmobile app of phone system to park on the street without getting a ticket. The 2 hours FREE is NOT cumulative. The clock begins from the time your car is first detected in an on street space and the free time expires 2 hours from that time, regardless of whether you use the full 2 hours.
- Main Street Garage: free after 5 p.m. and on weekends for the public on the Main Street permit entrance. Cedar Street entrance is all day public parking – $1 per hour from 8am-3pm, and FREE after 3pm and all day weekends.
- Most of the permitted parking lots in public areas are unused at night, which provides even more free, convenient parking after 5 p.m.
- Munn Park parking lot is free after 5 p.m. and on weekends. Meters enforced from 9am-5pm and are $1 per hour.
Combat Wounded Veteran Parking
Veterans with a Combat Wounded license plate may park in the downtown area in public spaces, both on street and pay by space, for free all day.
METERED PARKING: (Parkmobile also available in metered lots and garages)
- Main Street Garage (Cedar St. entrance) is metered parking at $1.00 per hour weekdays, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and free after 3 p.m. and on weekends.
- Oak Street Parking Lot is first 2 hours are FREE, then parkmobile at $1 per hour weekdays, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and free after 5 p.m. and on weekends.
- Munn Park and Lot D (north of Mitchell’s Coffee House) are metered at $1 per hour weekdays, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and free after 5 p.m. and on weekends. The solar powered space meters accept change, cash and credit/debit cards.
A few businesses downtown have private parking lots, and you will be towed if you park in their lots. These include, but are not limited to, Heritage Plaza (on Orange between Tennessee and Kentucky), The Terrace Hotel, and FedEx. Please respect the signs posted in private lots. We don’t want you to be towed!
For parking tips, call us any time! We’ll be happy to help you.
With 2,850 city sponsored parking spaces, there is ample parking in Downtown Lakeland!