Lakeland Veterans Memorial Park & Bicentennial Rose Garden
Located west of the RP Funding Center near Lake Beulah, this park is dedicated to those who serve our country and community in the Armed Forces, Law Enforcement, Firefighting, and Emergency Medical Services. The Purple Heart Monument honors James Henry Mills, the only Polk County native to be awarded the Purple Heart during WWII.
Florida Southern College has the largest concentration of Frank Lloyd Wright-designed structures anywhere in the world. Guided & self-paced tours are available at the welcome center: 750 Frank Lloyd Wright Way. flsouthern.edu
The Lakeland Public Library is a member of the Polk County Library Cooperative, an interlocal agreement between 13 municipalities with public libraries and the Board of County Commissioners, enabling all residents of the county, including those in the unincorporated area to have library services.
The Lakeland Public Library opened in January 1927 on the shores of Lake Morton. Prior to that time the Woman’s Club, organized in 1912, maintained a library city residents could use. On September 21, 1965, construction for a new building began and formal opening for the new library was on April 20, 1966. Through the decades this building has been renovated and expanded to better serve the citizens of Lakeland.