Parking is FREE after 5pm and all weekend long, including city owned permit spaces and metered lots.
WEEKDAY PARKING RULES:
UP TO 2 HOUR FREE ON-STREET PARKING!
- On-street parking: free every day for up to 2 hours. On your first parking session each day, the first 2 hours of that parking session is FREE between 8am-5pm. If you park before 8am, none of that time is calculated into the 2 FREE hours. To add additional time to an on-street parking experience OR if you come back later in the day (well after your first 2 Hours began), you’ll need to engage the parkmobile app of phone system to park on the street without getting a ticket. The 2 hours FREE is NOT cumulative. The clock begins from the time your car is first detected in an on street space and the free time expires 2 hours from that time, regardless of whether you use the full 2 hours.
- Main Street Garage: Weekday public parking is located through the Cedar Street entrance and is $1 per hour from 8am-3pm. It’s free after 3pm. Main Street entrance is permit only 8am-5pm weekdays and free after 5pm and all day weekends.
- City permit parking lots are unused at night, which provides even more free, convenient parking after 5 p.m.
- Munn Park parking lot is free after 5 p.m. and on weekends.
With Downtown Lakeland’s Universal Valet Program, there’s always a convenient parking space for you!
Downtown Lakeland is very excited to offer complimentary valet service to all Downtown visitors and customers. To ensure that visitors and customers can have confidence in finding a convenient parking space on every visit, a few spaces in the Munn Park parking lot will be reserved for the valet drop off. Valet-Map
The valet system is ticketless to provide you faster more convenient service. Drop off your car at the valet stand centrally located in the Munn Park parking lot. Your valet attendant will ask for your cell phone number so you can receive your valet ticket via text. When you are ready to leave, simple reply to the text with your location and the valet attendant will bring your car to you. No need to return to the Munn Park parking lot to retrieve your car.
The Universal Valet Program will operate Wednesday, Thursday and Friday days from 11am to 3pm and Friday and Saturday evenings from 5pm to midnight.
Regardless of your destination, the Universal Valet service is free, but for gratuity.
METERED PARKING: (Parkmobile also available in metered lots and garages)
- Main Street Garage (Cedar St. entrance) is metered parking at $1.00 per hour weekdays, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., and free after 3 p.m. and on weekends from the Cedar Street.
- Bay Street Parking Lot is metered at $1.00¢ per hour weekdays, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and free after 5 p.m. and on weekends.
- Munn Park and Lot D (north of Mitchell’s Coffee House) are metered at $1 per hour weekdays, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and free after 5 p.m. and on weekends. The solar powered space meters accept change, cash and credit/debit cards.
A few businesses downtown have private parking lots, and you will be towed if you park in their lots. These include, but are not limited to, Heritage Plaza (on Orange between Tennessee and Kentucky), The Terrace Hotel, and FedEx. Please respect the signs posted in private lots. We don’t want you to be towed!
For parking tips, call us any time! We’ll be happy to help you.
With 2,850 city sponsored parking spaces, there is ample parking in Downtown Lakeland!
Downtown Employees who need permits please email John Yancey at John.Yancey@lakelandelectric.com