***** WEATHER NOTE!!
Our June 1 First Friday event, including the Classy Car Show and Makers Market, will proceed as scheduled. Yay!
First Friday is a family-friendly event held in the streets of Downtown Lakeland between Lemon Street and Oak Street along Kentucky and Tennessee Avenues from 6pm-9pm. The event features a Classy Car Show on Tennessee Ave and a Makers Market on North Kentucky Ave. Streets are closed to vehicles, so come prepared to walk about!
The Makers Market features local artists, crafters, and other talented folks who make their own goods for sale. Come ready to shop and support local retailers, restaurants and artisans.
It’s summer and that means lots of fun activities to keep us busy! In Munn Park, there will be fun, free games sponsored by locally owned Field Day Challenge–musical chairs, sack races, bounce balls, an obstacle course, and a water balloon toss! Activities are open to both children and adults and are played in teams of five. Bring a friend, or make a friend. Registration for individual activities will be at the event organizer’s tent by the fountain in Munn Park. Prizes will be awarded to top teams!
We are encouraging our exhibitors to provide a fun “minute to win it” type game at their booths. Here are some of the activities that our exhibitors have planned:
- Saint Leo University Lakeland Education Center–“Minute-to-Win It” Cup Stack Race & Prize Wheel
- Escapology Lakeland–1 minute to solve their puzzle boxes to win a prize!
- Jennifer Sabin for Polk County School Board, District 5–She has an activity planned that will remind you of a fun summer during your childhood! Hint: It involves chalk.
- The Salvation Army–It’s National Donut Day for The Salvation Army, and they will hand out free donuts and water!
(Looking to be an exhibitor? CLICK HERE )
On-street parking begins to close in the event area at 3pm to allow us to clear the streets and set up the exhibitors and vendors. Parking in all permitted and metered locations are free after 5pm and all day on the weekends.
Event parking is limited, so please carpool with friends and neighbors! Parking tips:
Downtown offers VALET PARKING! Drop off and pick up at the corner of Lemon and Tennessee.
Parking lots available:
Trinity Presbyterian Parking Lot – corner of Tennessee and Bay
Oak Street Parking Lot – corner of Oak and Kentucky
Main Street garage – all day public access from Cedar Street; after 5pm public parking from Main Street
City Permit Only Lots – all free after 5pm and all day weekends
• Massachusetts between Lime Street and Orange Street
• Tennessee Avenue between Walnut and Lime Street
• Parking lot north of BB&T Bank along the railroad tracks (access off of S. Florida Ave)