Join us for our first annual First Friday Foodie Fest on April 5, 2019 from 6pm-9pm in Downtown Lakeland! Sample the flavors of Polk’s finest food makers. Enjoy small bites at a small price–$3 or less. See below for a list of some participating restaurants and food vendors:
Savory Food Vendors and their $3 or Less Dishes:
- La Imperial Bakery–A little Savory, A little Sweet, and Guava Lemonade
- Café Roti–Meat and Vegetarian Samosas
- Mojo Federal Swine and Spirits–Pulled Pork Sliders, Mac ‘n Cheese
- Palace Pizza–Pepperoni Pizza
- Taco Bus–Tacos, churros, chips and salsa, and desserts
- Pita Pit–Pitas, Cookies, Pita and Dip
- Jimmy Johns–4″ Turkey, Ham and cheese or Italian sub for 3 bucks. People will be entered to win prizes with purchase.
- Black & Brew–Half Avocado Toasts and Mini A Cow Named Moo Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Stuffed–Sweet/Savory hand pies
- Fuzzy’s Taco Shop–Tacos/Nachos/Burritos
- Sweet Corn Arepas
- Becky’s Hot Dogs
- Mitchell’s–Push Cakes, Other Samplers
- Crisper’s–Mini Salads, Mini Classic Sandwiches, Desserts, Beverages
- Tsunami Sushi–sushi and product samples
- Gulf Coast Gourmet Foods
- Jet’s Pizza
- Chop Shop
- The Kitchen–Their $3 Menu Items will be: Pound Cake Slices, Banana Pudding Cup, and Lemonade(Regular, Berry, or Mango). They will also have other great items like: Collard Greens, Mac n Cheese, Potato Salad, Candied Yams, Fried Chicken, Turkey Wings, etc…
- The Kitchen–Parmesan Grits topped with Braised Beef in a Red Wine Sauce, Southern Chicken Salad Toast w/ Apple and Pecan Relish, Strawberry Shortcake, Iced tea–Plus, Pulled pork tacos w/ cilantro lime slaw and chipotle sour cream
- Not Your Mama’s Pancakes–Small bites of a few select menu items
- Cloudy Cones, LLC–Snow Cones/Shaved Ice
- Baby Taino’s Food Truck–Latin Food
- Tikiz–Shaved Ice, Ice cream bars, Water, Coke Products
Sweets and Baked Goods:
- Nutoriously Good Enterprises LLC–Cookies, Cakes, Bars, Pies, Truffles (Naturally Sweet and Low Carb Options)
- The Cookie Monster Cookies–Cookies
- Molly’s Krazy Kakes–Cookies, mini pound cakes, and muffins
- Let’s Sugar Baked Goods–Cheese Puffs, honey bread, guava cookies, caramel cookies
- Shawnee’s Eats and Treats–Cupcakes, Cookies, Sliced Cake and Sliced Pies
- More than Fluff–Gourmet marshmallows
- Beca’s Home Bakery–Variety of classic and Specialty Cookies
- 5th Sweet St. Bakery–Cupcakes, Guava Pastries, Cookies, Banana pudding
- Beacon Hill Pies–Apple and Berry tarts
- Bakery 64
- The Whoopie Pie Guys
- Lakeland Bakery
Interested in becoming a food vendor? We are open to brick and mortar restaurants, caterers, mobile food vendors, and bakers following cottage food guidelines. We are also open to a limited number of food trucks. You can apply here: https://goo.gl/forms/xdhFkxbepxAcMK1H2.
Downtown shops and restaurants will be open late. Don’t miss the Makers Market, featuring local artists and creators, on North Kentucky Avenue and the Classy Car Show on Tennessee Avenue. Streets are closed to vehicles, so come prepared to walk about!
First Friday is a family-friendly event held in the streets of Downtown Lakeland between Lemon Street and Oak Street along Kentucky and Tennessee Avenues. On-street parking begins to close in the event area at 3pm to allow us to clear the streets and set up the exhibitors and vendors. Parking in all permitted and metered locations is free after 5pm and all day on the weekends. Event parking is limited, so please carpool with friends and neighbors!
Downtown offers VALET PARKING! Drop off and pick up at the corner of Lemon and Tennessee (on First Fridays only).
Parking lots available:
Trinity Presbyterian Parking Lot – corner of Tennessee and Bay
Oak Street Parking Lot – corner of Oak and Kentucky
Main Street garage – all day public access from Cedar Street; after 5pm public parking from Main Street
City Permit Only Lots – all free after 5pm and all day weekends
Massachusetts between Lime Street and Orange Street
Tennessee Avenue between Walnut and Lime Street
Parking lot north of BB&T Bank along the railroad tracks (access off of S. Florida Ave)
Interested in becoming a First Friday exhibitor? CLICK HERE.
Interested in becoming a Makers Market vendor? CLICK HERE.
Interested in registering for the Classy Car Show? CLICK HERE.