Come out and join us for First Friday FLIGHT NIGHT in Downtown Lakeland on April 2 from 6-9pm for a great evening of family fun and entertainment as Lakeland celebrates aviation and gets fired up for the return of the SUN ‘n FUN Aerospace Expo (April 13-18)! Front Line Workers from Hospitals and First Responders with valid ID will receive a free one-day pass to SUN ‘n FUN ’21. Everyone can spin the wheel for prizes, free tickets, and more!
Downtown shops and restaurants will be open late. Don’t miss the Makers Market, featuring local artists and creators, on North Kentucky Avenue north of the railroad tracks and the Classy Car Show now on Main St.! (Car show hours are 5:30-8:30pm)
First Friday is a family-friendly event held in the streets of Downtown Lakeland between Lemon Street and Oak Street along Kentucky Avenue. On-street parking begins to close in the event area at 3pm to allow us to clear the streets and set up the exhibitors and vendors. Parking in all permitted and metered locations is free after 5pm and all day on the weekends.
Parking lots available:
- Trinity Presbyterian Parking Lot – corner of Tennessee and Bay
- Oak Street Parking Lot – corner of Oak and Kentucky
- Main Street garage – all day public access from Cedar Street; after 5pm public parking from Main Street (all the way to the top)
- Heritage Plaza Garage
- City Permit Only Lots – all free after 5pm and all day weekends
- Massachusetts Ave. and Tennessee Avenue On Street Parking
- Parking lot north of BB&T Bank along the railroad tracks (access off of S. Florida Ave)
First Friday is supported by our Downtown Champions:
- MIDFLORIDA Credit Union
- Burnetti, P.A.
- Just Cares, Inc.
- Catholic Charities, Polk County Ministries
- Sun ‘n Fun Aerospace Expo
- City of Lakeland
- MOR TV