Our next First Friday event is August 7, 2020 from 6pm to 9pm in Downtown Lakeland. The theme is Inside Out!
Enjoy Downtown restaurants and retailers as they spill out into the street for more socially distanced fun! There will be no guest vendors or exhibitors in the street (i.e. no Makers Market). Masks are strongly encouraged.
Enjoy live music and a classy car show.
First Friday is a family-friendly event held in the streets of Downtown Lakeland between Lemon Street and Oak Street along Kentucky and Tennessee Avenues. On-street parking begins to close in the event area at 3pm to allow us to clear the streets and set up the exhibitors and vendors. Parking in all permitted and metered locations is free after 5pm and all day on the weekends. Event parking is limited, so please carpool with friends and neighbors! We also offer free valet on the corner of Lemon St. and Tennessee Ave. on First Fridays.
Parking lots available:
- Trinity Presbyterian Parking Lot – corner of Tennessee and Bay
- Oak Street Parking Lot – corner of Oak and Kentucky
- Main Street garage – all day public access from Cedar Street; after 5pm public parking from Main Street (all the way to the top)
- Heritage Parking Garage
- City Permit Only Lots – all free after 5pm and all day weekends
- Massachusetts between Lime Street and Orange Street
- Tennessee Avenue between Walnut and Lime Street
- Parking lot north of BB&T Bank along the railroad tracks (access off of S. Florida Ave)
First Friday is supported by our Downtown Champions:
- MIDFLORIDA Credit Union
- Audi Lakeland
- Burnetti, P.A.
- Just Cares, Inc.
- Catholic Charities, Polk County Ministries
- Sun ‘n Fun Aerospace Expo
- City of Lakeland
- Lakeland Electric
- MOR TV
While we are not scheduling any exhibitors or vendors for August, we are still accepting applications for future events when First Friday resumes.