Here’s a link to the event map!
Downtown Lakeland is celebrating the return of the traditional Holiday Walkabout, sponsored by Burnetti, P.A., on December 3, 2019 from 6pm to 9pm.
Enjoy the following activities:
- Free Carriage Rides around Munn Park
- Free Santa Photos in Munn Park
- Santa’s Workshop on S. Kentucky Ave.
- Mrs. Claus’s Market on N. Kentucky Ave.
- Elves’ Playground, sponsored by Lakeland Moonwalk, on S. Tennessee Ave.
- Musical Performances at Various Locations
Santa’s Workshop, located on S. Kentucky Ave., will offer families the chance to participate in a variety of free craft activities at our exhibitors’ tents, such as cookie decorating, ornament making, and more. If you are a business that would like to offer a fun activity in Santa’s Workshop, register here: https://forms.gle/VJoqWWjzfwc9UPFA7
Mrs. Claus’s Market is a craft and artisan Holiday market on N. Kentucky Ave. from the railroad tracks to Oak St. Find great gift items for sale–like candles, soaps, baskets, and more, as well as delicious baked goods. If you would like to be a vendor in Mrs. Claus’s Market, register here: https://forms.gle/VJoqWWjzfwc9UPFA7
Elves’ Playground, sponsored by Lakeland Moonwalk, on S. Tennessee Ave. will feature a “glide” ice (synthetic ice skating) rink for $5 per skater, as well as a variety of other inflatables and activities (prices vary). They will also have kiddie train rides in a holiday-decorated locomotive on Pine St. between Tennessee Ave. and Kentucky Ave. for $2 per rider.
Music groups will be playing at the end of S. Kentucky and S. Tennessee Ave. at Lemon St. and on N. Kentucky Ave. near Oak St. So far, the lineup includes Kingsford Elementary, Mckeel Academy Central, the Lakeland Choral Society, and the 3rd Rail, 2nd Line Band. We’ll also have DJ Darvin near Munn Park.
Downtown shops and restaurants will be open late. Streets are closed to vehicles, so come prepared to walk about!
The Holiday Walkabout is a family-friendly event that will be held in the streets of Downtown Lakeland between Lemon St. and Oak St. along Kentucky Ave. and Tennessee Ave. On-street parking begins to close in the event area at 3pm to allow us to clear the streets and set up the exhibitors and vendors. Parking in all permitted and metered locations is free after 5pm and all day on the weekends. Event parking is limited, so please carpool with friends and neighbors! We also offer free valet on the corner of Lemon St. and Tennessee Ave. on First Fridays.
Parking lots available:
- Trinity Presbyterian Parking Lot – corner of Tennessee and Bay
- Oak Street Parking Lot – corner of Oak and Kentucky
- Main Street garage – all day public access from Cedar Street; after 5pm public parking from Main Street (all the way to the top)
- City Permit Only Lots – all free after 5pm and all day weekends
- Massachusetts between Lime Street and Orange Street
- Tennessee Avenue between Walnut and Lime Street
- Parking lot north of BB&T Bank along the railroad tracks (access off of S. Florida Ave)
All of the LDDA’s Downtown Events are supported by our Downtown Champions: