Join us on September 3 from 6pm to 9pm for our next First Friday event: Dog Days Downtown! Bring your leashed and well-behaved pets, and celebrate the beginning of Labor Day Weekend in Downtown Lakeland.
- Meet local businesses and community groups, some of whom will have fun giveaways (like dog treats) in limited quantities.
- Watch dog agility demonstrations in Munn Park by John K9, LLC and his team.
- Enter your own talented pup into an amateur dog agility contest! Each of the winners in the three size categories (small, medium, and large dogs) will receive a trophy and a $25 gift card to a Downtown business. Click here to register your dog for the event.
Downtown shops and restaurants will be open late. Don’t miss the Makers Market, featuring local artists and creators, on North Kentucky Avenue and the Classy Car Show on Main St. and Tennessee Ave. Streets are closed to vehicles, so come prepared to walk about!
First Friday is a family-friendly event held in the streets of Downtown Lakeland between Lemon Street and Oak Street along Kentucky and Tennessee Avenues. On-street parking begins to close in the event area at 3pm to allow us to clear the streets and set up the exhibitors and vendors. Parking in all permitted and metered locations is free after 5pm and all day on the weekends. Event parking is limited, so please carpool with friends and neighbors! We also offer free valet on the corner of Lemon St. and Tennessee Ave. on First Fridays.
Parking lots available:
- Trinity Presbyterian Parking Lot – corner of Tennessee and Bay
- Oak Street Parking Lot – corner of Oak and Kentucky
- Main Street garage – all day public access from Cedar Street; after 5pm public parking from Main Street
- Heritage Plaza Garage
- City Permit Only Lots – all free after 5pm and all day weekends
- Tennessee Avenue between Walnut and Lime Street
Are you a local rescue or animal-related non-profit that would like to participate in the event? Click here.