First Friday’s Buffalo Soldiers Night, in partnership with Platform Art, is November 5, 2021 from 6pm to 9pm in Downtown Lakeland. Enjoy a Buffalo Soldier Parade beginning at 6:15 pm on S. Kentucky Ave. near Lemon St., heading down N. Kentucky Ave. to the Munn Park Parking Lot. Meet and greet with Buffalo soldiers and their horses and motorcycles from 6:45-7:30 pm in Munn Park Parking Lot.
Downtown shops and restaurants will be open late. Don’t miss the Makers Market, featuring local artists and creators, on North Kentucky Avenue and the Classy Car Show on Main St. and Tennessee Ave. Streets are closed to vehicles, so come prepared to walk about!
First Friday is a family-friendly event held in the streets of Downtown Lakeland between Lemon Street and Oak Street along Kentucky and Tennessee Avenues. On-street parking begins to close in the event area at 3pm to allow us to clear the streets and set up the exhibitors and vendors. Parking in all permitted and metered locations is free after 5pm and all day on the weekends. Event parking is limited, so please carpool with friends and neighbors! We also offer free valet on the corner of Lemon St. and Tennessee Ave. on First Fridays.
Parking lots available:
- Trinity Presbyterian Parking Lot – corner of Tennessee and Bay
- Oak Street Parking Lot – corner of Oak and Kentucky
- Main Street garage – all day public access from Cedar Street; after 5pm public parking from Main Street
- Heritage Plaza Garage
- City Permit Only Lots – all free after 5pm and all day weekends
- Tennessee Avenue between Walnut and Lime Street