Our next First Friday event will take place on November 1, 2019 from 6pm to 9pm in Downtown Lakeland. The theme is Lakeland Electric Celebrates 115 Years–Locally Owned by You!
Enjoy the following activities in and around Munn Park:
- Live music by Joe’s Garage Band
- An interactive zone in Munn Park with Lakeland Electric heavy equipment and supplies as well as demonstrations
- A free photo booth by Well Done Events
- Visits from the Lakeland Electric and Lakeland Magic mascots
- Giveaway of t-shirts, stress balls, phone pockets and other small prizes (limited quantity, while supplies last)
- T-shirt signing by local artist Bump Galletta
- Special Guest Exhibitors, such as Community Giving Grant Winners and Veteran-Related Organizations
Part of this month’s event is also a Tribute to Courage for veterans and first responders with some Downtown Merchants and First Friday exhibitors offering special discounts–check the Facebook event page for details. (Veteran-related organizations can also receive a free or reduced-price exhibitor space this month–register here)
Downtown shops and restaurants will be open late. Don’t miss the Makers Market, featuring local artists and creators, on North Kentucky Avenue and the Classy Car Show on Tennessee Avenue. Streets are closed to vehicles, so come prepared to walk about!
First Friday is a family-friendly event held in the streets of Downtown Lakeland between Lemon Street and Oak Street along Kentucky and Tennessee Avenues. On-street parking begins to close in the event area at 3pm to allow us to clear the streets and set up the exhibitors and vendors. Parking in all permitted and metered locations is free after 5pm and all day on the weekends. Event parking is limited, so please carpool with friends and neighbors! We also offer free valet on the corner of Lemon St. and Tennessee Ave. on First Fridays.
Parking lots available:
- Trinity Presbyterian Parking Lot – corner of Tennessee and Bay
- Oak Street Parking Lot – corner of Oak and Kentucky
- Main Street garage – all day public access from Cedar Street; after 5pm public parking from Main Street (all the way to the top)
- City Permit Only Lots – all free after 5pm and all day weekends
- Massachusetts between Lime Street and Orange Street
- Tennessee Avenue between Walnut and Lime Street
- Parking lot north of BB&T Bank along the railroad tracks (access off of S. Florida Ave)
First Friday is supported by our Downtown Champions:
- MIDFLORIDA Credit Union
- Audi Lakeland
- Burnetti, P.A.
- Just Cares, Inc.
- Catholic Charities, Polk County Ministries
- Sun ‘n Fun Aerospace Expo
- City of Lakeland
- Lakeland Electric
- MOR TV
- The Ledger Media Group